Rubayet Khan Scholarship for Mathematics Excellence
Rubayet Khan, a young member of our community, earned his undergraduate degree in Computer Science and a graduate degree in Educational Technology from Florida Atlantic University at Boca Raton, Florida. After graduating, Rubayet began his teaching career at Garden of the Sahaba Academy in 2006 as a teacher of mathematics until 2009. During those three years he taught 40 percent of GSA students.
The Muslim community of Boca Raton suffered a loss when Rubayet returned to Allah at the young age of only thirty-three. Rubayet was an exemplary teacher and a role model to all our Muslim youth.
In his memory and his contribution to Mathematics and Islamic Education GSA has created the Rubayet Khan Mathematics Excellence Scholarship. All contributions will be used to fund Scholarships for students at GSA or in any similar manner as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
- Must have successfully completed 5th grade at GSA
- Pre-registered to attend 6th grade at GSA
- Grade of A in Math in all four – nine weeks in fifth grade
- Two Faculty Recommendation(s)
- Must score 90 or above on the math composite area of the Terra Nova standardized test.
- $500 towards payment of GSA’s sixth grade annual tuition fee
Other – School Administration is responsible as follows:
- Verify transcript to date.
Obtain one letter of recommendation from Mathematics teacher.
Obtain one letter of recommendation from Islamic Studies teacher.
Finalize scholarship recipient/s one week prior to the annual graduation date.
Announce the final selection at GSA’s annual graduation.
Disburse the scholarship award in one installment at the beginning of the academic year.